DHPSNY has made a slight change to its free Planning & Assessment Services categories, with a separate application now available for...
Documentary Heritage and Preservation Services for New York (DHPSNY) is a statewide program that supports the vast network of non-government, unique library and archival repositories that safeguard New York’s historical records. DHPSNY provides a range of free services to eligible cultural institutions throughout the state, including archives, libraries, historical societies, and museums which operate programs to preserve and make accessible records of enduring value.
OVERVIEW of DHPSNY
- Communications and outreach
- Planning and assessment services
- Educational services
- Documentation planning
- Improved adherence to standards and best practices for preservation and accessibility
- Improved documentation of under-represented populations and topics
- Increased public awareness of the value of New York’s historical records and library research materials and increased use of these resources
Recent News Items
Thanks to everyone who submitted applications for our summer 2017 Planning & Assessment Services round! Earlier this year, DHPSNY...
DHPSNY is always interested in improving the programs and services that we offer to New York's cultural heritage community. We are...
The annual meeting of the Society of American Archivists is coming up later this month, and DHPSNY staff will be in attendance! This...
Search For Historical