Join DHPSNY staff as we hold "office hours" to answer all of your questions about our free Planning & Assessment Services and help...
Documentary Heritage and Preservation Services for New York (DHPSNY) is a statewide program that supports the vast network of unique library and archival repositories that safeguard New York’s historical records. DHPSNY provides a range of free services to eligible cultural institutions throughout the state, including archives, libraries, historical societies, and museums which operate programs to preserve and make accessible records of enduring value.
OVERVIEW of DHPSNY
- Communications and outreach
- Planning and assessment services
- Educational services
- Documentation planning
- Improved adherence to standards and best practices for preservation and accessibility
- Improved documentation of under-represented populations and topics
- Increased public awareness of the value of New York’s historical records and library research materials and increased use of these resources
Recent News Items
We're excited to announce a new schedule of free educational webinars for the fall and winter, with additional spring 2018 presentations...
We're excited to help announce a fantastic grant opportunity for museum/object collections in New York State! The NYSCA and Greater...
DHPSNY's educational workshops continue this fall with five presentations of Fundamentals of Caring for Paper Collections...
Search For Historical