Documentary Heritage and Preservation Services for New York (DHPSNY) is a statewide program that provides free planning and education services to support the vast network of collecting institutions such as archives, libraries, historical societies, museums, and other organizations that safguard and ensure access to New York's historical records and library research materials.
OVERVIEW of DHPSNY
- Communications and outreach
- Planning & Assessment Services
- Educational programs
- Documentation planning
- Improved adherence to standards and best practices for preservation and accessibility
- Improved documentation of under-represented populations and topics
- Increased public awareness of the value of New York’s historical records and library research materials and increased use of these resources
Recent News Items
In 1997, the New York State Legislature established November as New York State History Month with the goal to celebrate...
When's the right time to apply for DHPSNY's free Planning &...
Applications for DHPSNY's FREE Planning & Assessment Services are due Friday, November 15—that's TWO WEEKS from...