Flood Warning: Tropical Storm Henri to Move Up East Coast
Tropical Storm Henri is expected to strengthen into a hurricane over the western Atlantic by Friday, potentially continuing on a path that could affect northeastern states from Long Island to Cape Cod.
Here are some tips to help you protect your collections:
- Know what's coming your way. Track the storm here.
- Visit the State Archives disaster assistance guidelines.
- Call the State Archives main number (518) 474-6926 for help.
- Keep contact information for key staff, services, and institutional and public officials with you at all times. Keep handy your insurance, financial, and inventory data.
- Back up your electronic records and store the backup in a safe place off-site.
- Move priority collections out of basements and off floors, and cover records, file cabinets, and computer equipment stored in vulnerable locations.